A creative wellbeing project, initially inspired by those with experience of mental health challenges, themselves service users.
A project that facilitates The Yellow Book resource – its purpose to creatively express wellbeing.
Facilitated by not-for-profit company: Develop Insite CIC
|Peter Hirst, Project manager & creator & Joint owner of Develop-Insite CIC|
#SoundsInspired – current project
We are excited to be in the midst of our latest project whereby sound became the focus!
Having co-created a song called #SoundsInspired, we invited you to LISTEN,
and then to CREATE a piece of inspired artwork or photography!
The online gallery is now closed for entries and available for all to see and SHARE
We have now entered the next stage whereby 50 pieces will be selected for the NEW LOOK Yellow Book
AND 2 winners will be selected for the cover artwork of the music single and The Audio Yellow Book!
The Yellow Book (and The School Yellow Book) – available now to order
- 26 selected poems feature in the book
- 24 selected pieces of artwork or photography feature in the book
The Yellow Book contains information available on the rethinkyourmind website for people who do not have access to the Internet.
Artwork and poetry were selected by professionals at the top of their field. To see them all please click here…
The book was developed to aid wellbeing and promote self help techniques. It also features recovery information and support from the Institute of Psychiatry Psychology & Neuroscience Kings College London, Royal College of Psychiatrists, and NHS England
Information and signposting was also included. Each charity and organisation involved have their own page dedicated to the great work that they do, with signposts for you to gather as much or as little information as you desire.
The Audio Yellow Book – available now to download
- Selected poems create the lyrics for the music artists involved in the project.
- Selected pieces of artwork or photography made the front cover art for the songs.
- Selected poems are recorded as spoken word pieces for the B sides for the songs.
- 7 mindfulness practices, Mindful Meds are created inspired by poetry submissions
- The wellbeing section recorded as spoken word.
- Sales of The Audio Yellow Book help to enable the sustainment of the project.
UK residents of all ages were invited to submit creative artwork & photography, for free, around this hashtag – an invitation to uplift each other & brighten the days of the first Lockdown with things that help us all feel better.