A wellbeing project, initially created by those with experience of mental health challenges, themselves service users.
A project that facilitates The Yellow Book resource – its purpose to creatively express wellbeing.
Facilitated by not-for-profit company: Develop Insite CIC
|Peter Hirst, Project manager & creator & Joint owner of Develop-Insite CIC|
The Yellow Book 2020 – current project
In this current period of lockdown, UK residents of all ages are invited to submit creative artwork & photography, for free, around the theme of :
This hashtag is an invitation to uplift each other & brighten these days of lockdown with things that help us all feel better.
All entries will be showcased in an ONLINE GALLERY for anyone to view and browse.
Once the lockdown is over and we close for entries, we will advise whether we are able to offer prizes and/or whether a hard copy of The Yellow Book 2020 will be published.
The Audio Yellow Book – available now to download
- Selected poems create the lyrics for the music artists involved in the project.
- Selected pieces of artwork or photography made the front cover art for the songs.
- Selected poems are recorded as spoken word pieces for the B sides for the songs.
- 7 mindfulness practices, Mindful Meds are created inspired by poetry submissions
- The wellbeing section recorded as spoken word.
- Sales of The Audio Yellow Book help to enable the sustainment of the project.
The Yellow Book 2018 – available now to order
- 26 selected poems feature in the book
- 24 selected pieces of artwork or photography feature in the book
The Yellow Book contains information available on the rethinkyourmind website for people who do not have access to the Internet.
Artwork and poetry were selected by professionals at the top of their field. To see them all please click here…
The book was developed to aid wellbeing and promote self help techniques. It also features recovery information and support from the Institute of Psychiatry Psychology & Neuroscience Kings College London, Royal College of Psychiatrists, and NHS England
Information and signposting was also included. Each charity and organisation involved have their own page dedicated to the great work that they do, with signposts for you to gather as much or as little information as you desire.