Terms & Conditions
The UoL Yellow Book 2018 competition
Open 1 September 2018– closes 16 November 2018
1. This competition is open to all students, staff their friends & family & visitors of the University of Leicester & the Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester who are over the age of 16.
2. Information detailing how to enter this competition also forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries can be made electronically. Electronic entries must be submitted to www.rethinkyourmind.co.uk. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be in the format of JPG at a minimum of 72 dpi and maximum size of 4MB. All entries must include the entrants name & email address.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing date which is noon on 16th November 2018.
5. All poems/artwork submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any work they submit has been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party of any British laws. Entrants must warrant that the poems/artwork they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. We are unable to accept photographs that depict recognisable images of members of the public.
6. You must not upload images that contain objectionable content, including but not limited to nudity, violence, and other offensive, illegal or inappropriate images. The content of some Images – particularly nudity – might be offensive, thus rethinkyourmind reserves the right to delete Images considered potentially offensive to some as ‘sensitive.’
7. Copyright in all poems/photos/artwork submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Develop-Insite CIC to feature of or all of the submitted photos/artwork/poems in any of their publications, downloads, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Up to 2 entries per category per person are permitted. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties unless through an authorised group leader.
9. The winning entries in all categories will be judged on the brief of: ‘I feel better when I am’. The winners in the artwork category will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winning entries in the poetry competition will be those judged to be the most apt, original and self-explanatory. There will be 30 winners from all categories that will be published in The UoL Yellow Book 2018. The winners will be notified within twenty eight days of the judging date of the competition. The judging date of the competition is to be confirmed.
10. All work should be submitted around the brief of: ‘I feel better when I am’. The competition is centred in positivity and any work that is not deemed to fit this requirement will not be published.
11. The winners may be required to take part in publicity. Note, that by entering the competition you are agreeing to have your name released should you be selected as a winner of a prize. The Promoter shall seek the entrant’s prior consent before disclosing any further personal data to third parties.
12. The prizes will be presented at a venue and date to be confirmed by the University of Leicester. All prizes are non-transferrable and there are no cash alternatives. The prizes are subject to availability. If the prize remains unclaimed by 10 October 2019, it will be deemed unwanted by the winner of the prize.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. Accordingly, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. All entries will be displayed in a gallery on www.rethinkyourmind.co.uk unless the entrant chooses to inform the organisers of the competition by email that they do not wish this to happen. If the entrant wishes their entry to be removed from the gallery at any time they must email email@example.com and it will be removed as soon as is practicable.
15. In the event that any entrant does not or is unable to comply with the terms and conditions, Develop-Insite CIC shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant without further liability to such entrant.
16. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail. Promoter: Develop-Insite CIC, 57 Cambridge Road, Sawbridgeworth, Herts CM21 9JP