Terms & Conditions
Rethink your mind Artwork and Photo Competition
Opens on Tuesday 7 April 2020 and remains open for entire UK lockdown period
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland. Entrants aged under 16 must have their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter the competition and their entries must be uploaded by an over 18 year old, as confirmation.
2. Information detailing how to enter this competition also forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries can be made electronically or through the post. Electronic entries must be submitted to www.rethinkyourmind.co.uk. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be in the format of JPG at a minimum of 72 dpi and maximum size of 2MB. All entries must include the entrants name, age if under 16, email address and city of residence. Postal entries must be sent to ‘rethink your mind’, 57 Cambridge Road, Sawbridgeworth, Herts. CM21 9JP.
4. All entries must be received by the closing date which will be announced via social media once the UK lockdown has ended.
5. All artwork submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any work they submit has been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party of any British laws. Entrants must warrant that the artwork they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. We are unable to accept photographs that depict recognisable images of members of the public.
6. Copyright in all photos/artwork submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Develop-Insite CIC to feature of or all of the submitted photos/artwork in any of their publications, downloads, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Up to 2 entries per person are permitted. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties unless through an authorised group leader.
8. The winning entries in all categories will be judged on the brief of: #artliftinglockdown. The winners will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winners will be notified within twenty eight days of the judging date of the competition. The judging date of the competition is to be confirmed.
9. All work should be submitted around the brief of: #artliftinglockdown. The competition is centred in uplifting and brightening the world through creativity and any work that is not deemed to fit this requirement will not be published.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity. Note, that by entering the competition you are agreeing to have your name released should you be selected as a winner of a prize. Each entrant or entrant’s parent or legal guardian (if aged under 16) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting the Competition may (1) use the entrant’s first name, surname, county and age and (2) disclose the entrant’s name and age to third parties. The Promoter shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (or the entrant’s parent’s or legal guardian’s prior consent if entrant is aged under 16) before disclosing any personal data to third parties.
11. Due to the uncertainty of the global economy during this pandemic, prizes are yet to be confirmed. All prizes will be non-transferrable and there are no cash alternatives. The prizes are subject to availability. If the prize remains unclaimed 90 days after the announcement of winners, it will be deemed unwanted by the winner of the prize.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. Accordingly, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
13. All entries will be displayed in a gallery on www.rethinkyourmind.co.uk unless the entrant chooses to inform the organisers of the competition by email that they do not wish this to happen. If the entrant wishes their entry to be removed from the gallery at any time they must email email@example.com and it will be removed as soon as is practicable.
14. In the event that any entrant does not or is unable to comply with the terms and conditions, Develop-Insite CIC shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant without further liability to such entrant.
15. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail. Promoter: Develop-Insite CIC, 57 Cambridge Road, Sawbridgeworth, Herts CM21 9JP